This is not an editorial review.
The movie was entertaining with several hokey parts that could have been edited out. I liked Even Steven as the main character. It was youthful enough for me to identify with, yet actually performed well considering...
Here are the considerations:
Transformers can squash humans without even thinking about it. Other than certain types of weapons... what does a Transformer really need to fear??? I ask this since several times on film Transformers, even the almighty Optimus Prime, was viewed ducking machine gun fire. Machine gun fire, even a truck load of it, would do no damage to an Autobot. C'mon Michael Bay... at least talk to a few journey men that watched the cartoons growing up.
I give the movie a B-. I also liked the battle scenes Transformer vs Transformer. Those parts are really the best elements of the movie. Aside from the opening scene with a Decepticon, the human assaults were rather sad.
I do think Megatron was totally sold out. Megatron was almost as important as OP, but in this movie his focus was too much, his role was too small, and in the end his popularity was never showcased. Seriously, how could they have a Transformer movie and not have any emphasis on StarScream taking Megatron and shooting him as the ultimate weapon. Eventually, when Megatron is snuffed out... I know how could I blow the surprise... (its your fault for reading is blog) the manner in which he was is all that matters. Megatron, the mighty and evil ruler of the Decepticons was defeated by Even Steven. Talk about an ending that simply blows...
With all that said, my rating holds, which means the other parts were good enough to compensate the massive holes in the story line.
P.S. Megatron stands at what? 95-120 feet tall... he was killed by a 5 ft nothing human...? The item used to kill him was within inches of Megatron and he made no attempt to take it? The whole movie was about the Decepticons need for this item. Megatron could have picked up the item and flew away as a jet... OP was out of position... or all that was required was for Megatron was to place his foot on Even Steven and snuff out his insignificant life.... that is all - and he could not do that?
P.S.S. The scene with Bumble Bee strapped to the back of a Tracker Trailer Tow truck driven by little Miss criminal was just so absolutely cliche!
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment