Switching gears to another topic this blog has registered as fair play, last night I played good old Splinter Cell. I say good old since like most things fun but dated it is nearing retirement. I have been play Splinter Cell as my number one game since around this time last year.
Heck, when good people recommend a good game it is hard to deny that impulse.
Splinter Cell has evolved. With this change the old guard rotates out to other games of their preference (WoW in some tragic cases) and newbies graduate to elite status. There are a few that just like to play a game for the game itself and I wish I was one of them. Honesty dictates that I am not one of those individuals. I play the game to have fun and when pushed I reveal all my tricks and less used paths in order to get files on those that had been previously winning. That is the part of Splinter Cell that is most enjoyable. Last night this happened...
I was just playing after racquetball and prior to Infamous joining me, I was running with nameless strangers. Without a solid team member, these very good players were having their way with me. Heck, they were good matches. I'm always last to die, so of course my teammates kept dropping as is custom for dead spy's to do. When I was on the mercenary side, the same applied since these guys were good enough to kill the bold mercs lacking the sense not to enter a kill room. So every game these fellas would win and be fairly modest about it. Well that was until this one player entered that surely was the patriarch of this group. Man - if confidence was liquid this dude could fill a 10,000 gallon pool. First game in with this clown and I am doing my normal game at yellow. Try to kill the spy that won't be killed. Even with three mercs in that room - I survive a great deal longer than 99% of other people. Mostly due to their skill, but I probably use several tricks that are not wide spread and if you are anticipating too much it could cost you your neck and a catch phrase... "It's not your fault."
Well, after I grabbed one guy turning up my game play a bit I get killed with a solid grenade. Next life, still a bit reckless, I goto yellow and get knocked down with a good elbow. Clean play - but enter the wise crack and the subject for this post. I immediately bring it back to the lobby and offer my thoughts on the topic. Thankfully, the kids were asleep. We started up game two about 2-3 min into it I set the trap for an easy kill on me to see if we can proceed without this nonsense... sure enough. Subject line #2.
We go back to the lobby and the room empties due to the start stops. Finally, I found an effective way to deal with these losers. Do not get confrontational... just hold them accountable.
Anyways... the rest of the night was fine, but I am putting my foot down on this crap.
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment