The girls use to share a room and I had a bedroom for an office. Well, like all good things you need to mix things up.
Madison needed her own space. It is hard for sisters to co-exist on two different schedules. Besides, we were able to install a stage for her. I know it sounds odd, but she loves it and Madison will sing for an audience.
Novatana is back on her own. She has a computer in her room; two guinea pigs named Timothy and Austin; and space for reading and doing her homework. I installed a ceiling fan, which dramatically lowers the temp in the hottest room in the house.
Michael took over my old office. We transformed this room into a pirate cove. He loves being on his own, but it took some getting use to.
My office is now where the laundry room use to be. I moved the washer and dryer into the garage for 600 dollars. Cool benefit... we still get to park Jeep and Minivan in the space as well. For several months, my brother stored his business inventory in my garage, but since are improving dramatically for him, he has is own business front in a local market. I outsourced the electrical and plumbing work and Debra and I will complete the rest of the changes.
Taking a lead from my brother, we are creating a nice cozy office in the smaller space.
- ceiling fan
- remove pop corn
- repair drywall from electrical and plumbing work
- wire it for an office
- paint - 49er theme
- install a solid wood door which will be stained and varnished for my new desk top
- purchase a 32" flat panel multi-use TV (PC; TV; Xbox)
- replace interior door with glass/blind combo for light much needed natural light
- consider adding a picture window for added light (this room has no windows and is pretty small. I am not sure I want to add the picture window, but we will decide once the door is replaced.
Anyways... that is the latest on that project. Pictures to come.
1 comment:
Why hurt the value of your home by adding a 49er paint job?
Post a Comment