I need to keep my eye on the goal. Sports is not suppose to me re-living my youth. I need to embrace my kids talents regardless of what I think of them. After a weekend that included my team get struck down by a should-be-retired QB, I accepted the truth... Mike will not be a flag football star!
I am proud and support, but secretly I am crying... I want him to score a TD... know the feeling... but I may wait a long time for that joy. For now, my joy is centered on seeing him get a flag on defense when the game is out of reach.
It is not sad. It is what the Dad of the left bench warmer looks forward to!
All kidding aside, I am proud he is out there trying... he shows up for practice and gets on the field with less time on the clock than it takes to boil an egg... but he is out there! I am really happy the team is pretty strong so those moments where it does not matter come often!!! (No really I am happy... not bitter at the lack of stardome... not at all!)
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
2 comments:
I just hope for no injuries. I suppose that is more easily accomplished from the sidelines. I'm sure he is doing fabulous. You just expected Matt Leinart and didn't realize he may not have been all star pro when he was a child. If you are TOO GOOD as a child with no work, you may not ever work, and will in fact be less successful than the hard workers of the world. Way to get out there little guy. We miss you guys too!!
You have nothing to worry about, flag football is just giving him a taste of football. When that kid is in pads he'll be on the D-line pushing people on their backs and destroying QBs.
Post a Comment