Friday, April 27, 2007

16 Inches...



That is right. I said sixteen inches. That is the length of the bass my friend caught two nights ago. This is what I am fishing for. Yes, I use worms to catch these. No, I am not a bass channel watcher. Yes, I know for a fact it works, however this one was caught on a lure. Big popper or something...

P.S. I will be assisting in the construction of a proper platform to fish from in the near future. That - I am sure - will be lots of fun. If he waits a little bit longer... it will be hot enough to keep mosquito's away. Personally, I would choose the flyer's that never bite me over the heat, which could kill us or make us slow enough to be eaten by the 4 ft gators out there.

P.S.S. This is not going to become a fishing blog, but I will update my favorite list!!


3 comments:

PassTheChips said...

How do you cook them and are they good eatin'?

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Just like most of the illegals... catch and release!

I am not that hungry to actually want to eat them.

However, I would refer to my master chef on the home front. Cleaning them... well that is another subject altogether, which is my department.

The fact that that puppy was hauled out tells me one thing... there are more and that is sufficient motivation to keep going fishing. The best part about bass fishing is finding them and getting them to flop on the dock. Until that was reeled in, I already decided we needed to boat to go where they are!

Unknown said...

That baby was caught on a Hulla Popper. I have had this lure for almost 10 years and have caught a ton of bass on it. I don't even know if you can buy them anymore.