I no like to lose. I no like to lose cheap. I especially do not like to lose twice to a player I can and should beat, but failed to do so the first time I had the chance.
I messed up the schedule and did not realize the game was played on a different day. Anyone that knew me specific to this topic knew, at least in my mind, the game was Thursday. Well, that was just not the case. The game was Wednesday and my friend made several attempts to reach me, even going as far to come to my house when learning I was not there. Thanks Andy for going the extra mile.
The part that is actually the most frustrating is my desire to play from a position of underdog. Let's face it, this player beat me straight up and I wanted a rematch. I won't get that chance in all likelihood, since he won't win the tourney and not move up to Purple with me.
Oh well!
I am still not pleased with my time management skills.
As a side note, I was discussing some racquetball topics with players up at the Y and a player from the Purple division over heard me and pulled me aside to "straighten me out!"
Of course, I am gonna spill the details as they are so interesting I cannot be silent. After hearing me say, "I want to compete in a division where I will win 3 out of 10 games." This person took it upon themselves to tell me that I should just shut up and play and not worry about my record. It offended them since they are in Purple and they are going to do everything in their power to make sure I win less than that. Surprised by the comment and reasons for pulling me aside, I asked them several questions:
- Correct me if I am wrong, but are we in a competitive league?
- I have asked to be moved up more aggressively, but is it my fault that I was placed in the wrong league level to start off with and have subsequently won every league I have played to date?
- Lastly, I am willing and able to learn how they play at their level and if I lose in the process so be it. Are you prepared to deal with your issues if I happen to beat you?
(To my self I really wanted to address the facts... I'm 34-4 in competitive play (1 of those the forfeit loss I just took)... should I not move up for the challenge???)
Obviously, I was not happy with the side-bar and I've had one other confrontation with a player. The other player did not agree with me playing them as if it was the first point in game one - for every point in a match! I am sorry, but if being competitive is a point of issue with anyone else, then stuff it! I am not changing a darn thing.
As another perfect example which highlights how I approach things... when the DIAW brothers are kicking my butt all over the place as I readjust back to Halo2 play... I am not happy, but I also like the push back that says... you have been weighed measured and found to be wanting! It is the same deal. Competition is always present... at least with me. I love it!
3 comments:
Yeah, Grizzley's blog. If you want to loose 30% of the time, you must love fantasy sports.
BTW- I just activated my live account. Let's get something scheduled in the near future.
Does this mean you don't get to move up? Is hip checking allowed?
No, when I won the league I qualified to move up.
Losing in the playoffs gave two other people a chance to win... that is all.... and I lost the opportunity for another medal.
On to purple I go!
Post a Comment