I recall this topic is unavoidable. Since I was in Management all these years, I was accustom to a certain level of professionalism.
Well, I am not in management, so the conflict is more primal. Essentially, I sit next to an indecisive buffoon that cannot make a clear decision unless it is an easy one. Mr. indecisive does not bother me on this topic, thankfully, since we are not on speaking terms, but that does not stop him from running the old mouth.
The few times I chose not to be a door mat, he shouts to whomever is listening stop making comments under your breath. Recently, today in fact, when he did this for like the third time in two weeks I needed to put my foot down. Actually, I would prefer to put my foot elsewhere, but that is a horror story of the future. So, I stand up and say in the same level voice I had initially commented on... "Joe - I do not feel the need to have social support of statements of truth. You need to shout out whenever I or anyone for that matter challenges your behavior and comments. I am simply reflecting back what you are saying is totally unprofessional. The shouting out to co-workers just makes my point that much easier to understand." If I know this clown well enough, I will be needing to defend myself aggressively if the issue comes to a head. I would rather diffuse the issue and just avoid all confrontation... that is until he decides to treat me like a door mat again.
I will label this post as venting. I wish I could solve this just like SCDA.
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
1 comment:
Just looked at your profile and I must point out an error. At the very least, you own "Jock Rocks II". I listened to it in your Maxima in Rockville Centre. And don't tell me that it was Debra's. You knew every word.
Post a Comment