After all this time gaming on xbox live, I finally broke down and purchased a video communicator. How could I avoid it when I essentially got it for free?
I have heard of people replacing their headphones a half dozen times and with each story I use to chuckle about how my original works just fine. Prior to my 360 headset, my original head set with the origianal xbox worked forever. Even on that console, I heard about heat sets getting busted. I thought it would never happen to me... well that was until MJ came to town.
My youngest is truly unique in almost every way from my other two children. She has an uncanny ability to react completely against logic and anticipated moves. There was this one time I came home from work and due to schedule and some plans I had not seen her in three days. (Settle down people... I saw her plenty but not while she was awake. Every night I spend times with my kids watching them sleep - sometimes a moment or just a few minutes, but I love to see them perfectly at peace sleeping. Call me crazy!) I hate doing this, of course, but sometimes it happens. Well, when I did eventually see her, MJ ran over with zeal screaming Daddy. I lovingly pick her up and gave her a big hug. In this instance, I remember specifically getting a hug in return. Microseconds after the hug, I pull back and prompt her for a kiss...
WHAM - WHAM - WHAM!! Yes, that would be me getting smacked across my face three times by a 1 year old with precision accuracy. Yes, she is a girl fellas. You would think it was programed into her DNA regarding technique and speed needed for the perfect most painful slap. Mind you she is one... well after being stunned from my apparent boxer in disguise, I held her suspended in mid air away from me... only for her to start crying. Wait a second, who just took three right hooks from Joe Lewis again???? ME - and she is crying. In my heart, those slaps were an expression of I miss you Daddy. How dare you leave me for three days for the birds without love or hug. Five seconds after the pelting, I was getting my usual hugs and kisses and she pretty much forgot all about it.
Friday night was that day and what drove me to my suspicious purchase.
There I was sitting in my office playing some good old Splinter Cell Double Agent. Like so many times before when I game prior to the house going to sleep, my kids would take turns coming in and out of the room. My two oldest clearly know that when Daddy is in the zone, please do not disturb. They can yell and scream, but they know not to address me or present a want or desire as I am not taking requests at these moments. Friday, MJ joined the circus that runs around the house and frequents my office on the route. She came in screaming Daddy and I immediately stop playing, picked her up, got my hug and kiss (minus the right hook) and promptly put her down and continued my game. Everything is fine! There were at least three rounds of this and finally I stopped picking her up. Dad needs to set the rules and boundaries, right? As I expected, she started crying as she viewed me talking into my headset and not paying attention to her. She switches tactics and starts holding her arms up for a hug while tears stream off her cheeks. I pick her up for the last time, I tell myself, and again with lighting speed she grabs the headset and literally yanks it off my head throwing it to the floor. I go to put her down and my other two kids ambush me and divert me from my immediate intention to recover my headset. Too late, MJ has it and she is running. Some how she gets half way across the house and I find her jumping up and down on my head set in the kitchen. This is how these things break. This is why mine never does. I am very protective of my gaming tools since I use them quite often. I get it back and stop playing, yes I got the hint, and attend to my little ones.
Later that night, my headset stops working. It kills the gaming night, at least socially, and I head off to bed.
The next day I go to best buy. I am seeking a head set. Nothing more.
I find the accessory aisle I need and locate the head set. Enter the BB salesman.
After brushing him off as no help needed, thanks he buts in and says the killer phrase. I can give you that head set for free if you wanted.
How can I resist that? Is he gonna steal it?
Brian told me about this package. I blew him off too, at least in my mind. I wanted the damn headset - nothing more.
Basically, there is a neat package where you can buy a head set; xbox live gold account for one year; video camera; two arcade games (Uno and Robotron); and 200 Microsoft points all for 77 bucks.
The head set was 25 bucks.
Uno and Robotron are 800 ms points each.
Xbox live gold account for one year is 65 bucks.
The video camera is positioned as free, but for my sales man it was 49 bucks.
To boot, I also get 200 Microsoft points which is like 10 dollars.
How could I say no? The head set is free and for this logic alone my purchase made sense. I will be buying a lifetime of xbox 360 live accounts. My next one is due in September. The one included does not expire until July of 2008. (What I did not know was: can I apply it to an existing account... this may present a small problem but with a happy ending if the worse case was to play out.) I already have Uno, but my brother does not and it is the perfect gift.. Muhahahaha!
Getting back to where I was originally headed with my post... I have made fun of so many people with the dopey xbox live video camera... and now I have one. What I did not know was my good friend has one so now our kids can chat live. Little B and my eldest should get a kick out of that.
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
2 comments:
When I read the title of this post, I thought I was going to read that you had created a WoW account.
For the Live Gold account just go in to your dashboard to the section that says something like "Enter promotional code". Enter the code from your card and it will auto renew your Live account in September (no credit card rebill, etc). It's automatic, you won't even notice when it happens. Also, I know you were seeing the value of that video camera when you were playing Uno with Little B and he'd shake his bum at you every time he stuck you with a Draw 4, there was nothing you could do about it but watch a little 5 year old gloat and bum wag. Must have been humiliating.
Post a Comment