Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Division Champ - Beaten

I played the division champ and won. The first game I was up huge, but I also found a way to give the lead away and lose the game. I seem to love adversity!!

I dropped game one 15-13. That was a very bad sign due to my current conditioning level. I am strongest at first and then taper off, with a slight boost in game three knowing there is no fourth game I can officially empty the tank.

I bounced back in a hard fought game two. I think I was able to gain and hold the lead due to smarter service instead of my usual drive serve. I switched to a deep lob and high floating Z serve, which certainly mixed up the temp and speed. I did switch often to the drive serve, so in the end it was the mix of serves that proved to be successful.

In the tie breaker... I got a lead and just leaned. Fortunately - his shots broke worse than mine.

2-1 - division winner taken down.

No comments: