Thursday, May 1, 2008

2nd Place in League Tourney

I did not bring that killer mentality when I stepped on the court. I truly despise playing racquetball on Sunday afternoon. The tournatment championship game proved to be no different. Then the opponent comes off the court and says "Wow, I really got lucky there, are you feeling alright?" I mean why don't you just kick my daughter watching the game and call me a sissy.... is everything alright???? Hell no, I do not like losing, but I especially do not like losing to myself. Since as we all know, the mental game is everything...

I dropped the first game after turning over a big lead again. Up 9-1, I was able to play the side out game for 20 min. At the end of the fun fest, the score was 11-9 his favor. I dropped that game without much of a fight.

2nd place in Purple division.

I am moving up to White, which will be fun because so is my good friend Andy. Andy was league champ, even though I did get him in the tourney... it will be fun to stay together as we get better and better skill wise.

On to WHITE!

* Two away from my goal division... Bronze.
League Skill Levels: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Red, and White... thus far I have conquered = Green, Yellow, Blue, Black, and Purple.
Someone asked so... here is the consolidation.
Green = 10-0 League and Tourney winner
Yellow = 10-0 League and Tourney winner
Blue = 9-1 League and Tourney winner
Black = 8-2 2nd place league and Tourney winner
Purple = 5-6 crappy deal for me - mailed it in early due to a circumstance (3 losses by forfeit)
Purple = 8-3 good season
Purple = 9-2 third place season and 2nd place Tourney
White = TBD...

No comments: