I was off last week for 5 days. It was nice. We were suppose to go away (refer to prior posts) so most of the time was spent chilling. I was in the garage putting some order to the chaos and I uncovered a box that was unpacked since we moved from CA.
It was full of our family pictures and frames. It is funny how the Lord works... because all of a sudden I had a need to hang some family photos and for the life of me... I could not locate hardly any.
Well, after Debra and I peeled this box open and insodoing created a playground from the loads and loads of packing paper inside (kids had way too much fun with that little gift), we found them all. To our surprise it was perfect timing since mold is something you do not want on your pictures. In FL nothing this important should be stored in any space which is either unheated or cooled. The moisture in this geographic region is hard to understand, but it destroys with precision. Well these pictures tucked safely under a small forest of trees (packing paper) was just starting to show signs of mold.
We (Debra) cleaned every frame, glass insert, and gently cared for each picture allowing ample time to dry before we (me) put them all back together. After we (Debra and I) first saw the mold... we (Debra) figured we (Debra) lost most if not all. Well as it turns out... we only lost 3-4 out of several dozen. (That was my view the whole time for the record.)
I will scan the pictures where mold has started and will eventually ruin the pics... now our house is scattered with the faces that walk around it... I got use to the no pictures... now it is nice to see the kids in their youth!
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
1 comment:
Oh no, I (me) 've gone cross-eyed (also me).
Post a Comment