Friday, January 25, 2008

Perfect Dark Zero

Gamespot rated this game an over all 9.0, which is saying something. As one of the first games to come out for live, I have been impressed with the game play. It is fun, not overly complicated, straight forward killing. Not to mention, one of the best capture the flag games in sometime. The spawns are pretty far apart, so if you get killed defending the flag the offense will undoubtedly score, which is more than you can hope for. I can only tell you how many times on offense I enter, kill the defenders, and leave the base only to get run down and killed like a dog from other players unfit to play on the same field. (It happens more than you would imagine.) The Halo series, I know - how can I criticize my favorite game, is totally guilty of this, which is hard to believe for such a good game type on such a good game.

Perfect Dark Zero is getting some good points as well since it is still aggressively played... I have had little trouble getting people into games both created as well as pick up. I will comment that due to the relatively low price tag, I think this game is heavily used by non English speaking people. This is turning out to be yet another strength since I rarely say anything during a game. I have plenty of "It's not your fault!" opportunities, but I feel it falls on deaf ears with the language barrier so now I am just never speaking. (What a relief... to play like the old days and say nothing!!)

Good game and well worth the 8.99 price tag I payed for it used.

Burnout Paradise is my next purchase!

No comments: