My second day, first full day if you discount my arrival at 4:30 pm the day before, I went to lunch at Red Robin premium burgers. I had a fabulous egg, bacon and cheese burger... enjoyed the company of the Daw's and then went back to Brian's for some MotoGP and Call of Duty2 gaming...
At 4:00 pm I went to LA Fitness... I completed my workout knowing that JP and Brian were coming to the site to play some racquetball. I knew it was going to be an energy output afternoon, but I also had that delicious Red Robin burger to hold me over until we caught dinner later that evening. I finished my workout at 5:15-5:30. Called the fellas for ETA' s and it was shaping up for a 6:30-7:00 arrival for them both. I reserved courts and enjoyed watching several doubles matches and some 1/1 battles. The level of play at this LA Fitness was either reserved to Yellow/Blue/Black level players or I was lucky enough to see a bunch of men trying out for a ladies league... either way you slice it I could beat anyone I saw playing. Some - I could be 2 on 1. There I sat waiting for my boyz to arrive. Waiting.... I call again at 6:30. "Where are you?" I asked Brian. Brian replied with, "I'm at JP's we will see you soon." Shortly after 7 pm they both show up... I am not mad - not in the slightest. I advise we will get as many games in as possible and then we can go get some dinner. (Hence - Grizzley is hungry, but I wants to play first.) Brian mentions subtlety... we already ate!!!!
WTF - you two pieces of crap ate??? No, they ate fettuccine Alfredo, salad, and some sides cooked up by Mrs. Parrish. I can not even begin to tell you how pissed I was.... not only am I waiting up here for you two... but I had to wait while you enjoyed a fabulous meal???? That was just low. Of course, JP added there are left overs... which was great since that is how I felt.
I took my revenge. Although they are both still learning the game, Brian and JP played a couple of hard fought matches. I think JP had very good court awareness, but Brian showed his superior experience by mixing up serves and shot types to eventually beat JP. They both lost to me, obviously, but Brian played especially well for coming off rotator cuff surgery in his non swinging shoulder some weeks before.
JP bet me that if given a 12 point lead, he would be able to beat me. JP lost that bet. 13-15. I enjoyed the subject of my next post... I dipped into that well several times while in Phx.
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
2 comments:
Alfredo was great, but it slowed me down. Otherwise I would have been eating free Nielsen's that night.
Man that chicken alfredo was good. You forgot to mention that JP's mom cut some fresh greens from her garden with scissors onto my food as it sat in front of me. It was grade A service.
Post a Comment