Monday, May 19, 2008

Part III

Thursday: LA Fitness = check

Friday: Mets Game = check


Saturday: Life Style Fitness...


This place is very nice. The second nicest place I have ever worked out in. The design of the site was first class. The facilities were all brand new, which is a bonus, but the quality of the materials used will make this place seem like new for years to come. The Exercise floor was huge. I got a great work out in and then played some racquetball. The racquetball courts were not very good. The wrong type of flooring was used and it was not sealed very well. The clatter between the floor and the foundation was annoying, but it was even worse between the court panels and the support walls.


After the workout, Brian went to retrieve JP from his treadmill run. JP ran a long way - over 15 miles. JP was very happy Brian went and got him due to a particular issue that it truly interesting.


We have all heard of chaffing. I am sure we all know what it is and I do not need to describe it. What I wager we all have not heard before is nipple chaffing. Specifically, the friction caused by the shirt runners have on creates an environment hostile to nipples. Why JP felt the need to discuss his nipples with Brian and I will be a mystery, but that is not my focus. My focus is on this problem that must affect thousands of men. Why would anyone participate in an activity where their bodies may be damaged on such a sensitive area? I am sure JP will not comment, but this is an erogenous zone for many men.

And why does this affect only men? It is my understanding women would have two bigger problems to contend with. It is also my contention that women would get far more movement in that area compared to men. Brian was quick to pounce on this one... he said the runners bra or sport support negates the friction for women. Excuse me, but do they not still move all over the place when women run? I do not make it a habit of starring at women running, but I have viewed examples before... those things are all over the place!! Here is the problem... if men complain... what the heck are women doing?


Sunday: JP's Birthday...


Although this party was missing some kids and a wife, the gathering was pretty sweet. The food was great. The dessert was outstanding! I enjoyed it all night long!! Best of all, I was introduced to Hearts.


Hearts is a popular card game which players are in competition for the lowest amount of points until someone goes over a preset number. You can "get" other players to do this by trapping, good strategy, but most deadly of all is card counting. A player that can count cards effectively will truly separate themselves from everyone else. It is an acquired skill, but since such a small number of cards count so heavily against you... knowing where they are and who has then can dictate how you play your hand, so you can avoid them!!


Great game... lots of strategy!!

3 comments:

John said...

My nipples are still in recovery. Next time I will use bandaids and lubricant to prevent further injury.

Remember, if there is no pleasure, there is no pain.

Brian said...

The boobies move with the bra, that's where the friction is reduced. Guys' nips stay in the same place while the shirt moves all over the place.

PassTheChips said...

Hearts and nipples. Both great blog topics.

Just wait until JP starts talking to you about ass cheek chaffing. Talk about pain. And then you rub about half a stick of Body Glide on it next time and you have to use a spatula to chisel it off when you take a shower afterwards. Then your wife walks in wondering why you are holding a spatula next to your ass in the shower.