I am in Superbowl central, but one would not even know it. I have asked those that lived here when the Giants played the Ravens.... several of those asked described the atmosphere as 'jacked up' and you could tell everywhere that you were in the zone. The zone is that time between the championship games and the big show. Many of them went to the big game, but not this year.
So what has changed?
Consumer confidence... nobody wants to spend any money and I do not blame them. The business in the area know it as well and have adjusted advertising. The media I think are sensitive to this as well and their overall lack of presence is also noticed. I'm sure it will be a great game. Those who can attend - are. Going to a Superbowl will be checked off my list (eventually), but it will not be this year. (Taking out travel costs... a purchase price option for me would go up 300 in my book for a hometown venue.) A great friend of mine is going and I am delighted to get a chance to see him. He left his wife home, but besides that minor infraction, should prove entertaining... heck now I get to see both sides. I'll watch it in high definition on my 65 inches of joy and hear his point of view = perfection.
Mommy loves Mason
10 years ago
1 comment:
I hope the atmosphere gets more jacked up as the week progresses. Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment